1) To begin with, as a class, in groups, in pairs, look up, talk about, and practice the role play vocabulary
2) Then, fill in the blanks according to the topic (assisted by students, the teacher, and the internet)
3) After that, as a class, in groups, or in pairs, practice the role plays you have created
4) Next, try to make variations in your responses (remember role plays don¡¯t have to be true)
5) Finally, perform your role play in front of the class with a partner or several partners
(Challenge yourself by performing the role play with no written cues. Enjoy the process)
~ Contents ~ Basic Text Talk ~ Topic 7 ~ Childhood ~
A superlative adjective is used to compare three or more things.
Q1: Who is the best/worst looking celebrity in your country?
Q2: Who is the youngest/oldest member in your family?
Q3: What restaurant has the most delicious food?
Q4: What is the most dangerous place to get lost?
Q5: What country is the happiest on the planet?
List of comparative adjectives:
1) One syllable or ending in y:
old – oldest / young – youngest / pretty – prettiest / happy – happiest
2) Two or more syllables:
respectable – most respectable / beautiful – most beautiful
preferable – most preferable / hardworking – most hardworking
3) Different forms:
good – best / bad – worst / little – least / much (many) – most
Make some of your own questions using superlative adjectives¡¦
Talk ~ Role Play
A) Where were you born?
B) I was born in _____________________________ .
A) Where did you grow up?
B) I grew up in ______________________________________________ .
A) Where did you go to elementary school?
B) I went to ________________________________________________ .
A) Did you grow up with any brothers or sisters?
B1) Yes, I grew up with _________________________________________ .
B2) No, I was an only child.
A) What was your favorite food back then?
B) I really liked to eat __________________________________________ .
A) What did you like to do by yourself?
B) I used to like ______________________________________________ .
A) What did you do with your neighbors, siblings, or friends?
B) I used to _________________________________ with my ___________ .
A) Were you a good student?
B) Well, _____________________________________________________ .
© COPYRIGHT The Language Works and its licensors 2006 ~ 2017. All rights reserved.
TLW ~ Basic English Role Plays and Vocabulary