Do you ever ___________________________________________ ?
Verb (Do) + Pronoun + "Ever" + Object
Do you ever play golf?
Do they ever have a party?
Does he ever give us homework?
Does she ever get angry?
Does it ever snow in Alaska?
Yes/No/X Pronoun Adverb Object
1) No, I never _________________________________ . (0%)
2) I rarely ____________________________________ . (1 to 10%)
3) They seldom _________________________________ . (10 to 15%)
4) Yes, they occasionally ___________________________ . (15 to 30%)
5) Yes, he sometimes ______________________________ . (30 to 55%)
6) Yes, he usually _________________________________ . (55% to 75%)
7) Yes, she often __________________________________ . (75 to 85%)
8) Yes, she frequently _______________________________ . (85 to 95%)
9) Yes, it always ___________________________________ . (95 to 100%)
Talk ~ Role Play
A) Do you have any aunts or uncles?
B) Yes. I have ____________________ and __________________________ .
A) How about nephews and nieces?
B) Let me see. I have ____________________________________________________ .
A) Do you ever meet your relatives/relations?
B) Not very often/Sometimes/Pretty often.
A) Where do you meet them?
B) Sometimes ____________________________ or ____________________ .
A) What do you do together?
B) We ________________________ or ______________________________.
A) Who is your favorite relative/relation?
B) Hmmm. I really like my __________________________________________ .
A) Is there any reason?
B) Probably because he/she _________________________________________ .
A) You're lucky to have someone like that.
B) That's true.
1) To begin with, as a class, in groups, in pairs, look up, talk about, and practice the role play vocabulary
2) Then, fill in the blanks according to the topic (assisted by students, the teacher, and the internet)
3) After that, as a class, in groups, or in pairs, practice the role plays you have created
4) Next, try to make variations in your responses (remember role plays doní»t have to be true)
5) Finally, perform your role play in front of the class with a partner or several partners
(Challenge yourself by performing the role play with no written cues. Enjoy the process)
~ Contents ~ Basic Text Talk ~ Topic 2 ~ Talking About Relatives ~
TLW ~ Basic English Role Plays and Vocabulary
© COPYRIGHT The Language Works and its licensors 2006 ~ 2017. All rights reserved.